Is It Possible to Place an Existing App in a Space?
You cannot change the location of an existing app.
When you create an app, keep in mind that you cannot perform actions shown below.
- Move an existing app from outside of a space into the space.
- Move an existing app from a space to somewhere outside of the space.
- Move an existing app from a space to another space.
If you want to change location of an app, consider duplicating that app and recreate it in the location of your choice.
In that case, please note the following.
- If you create an app by duplicating an existing app, record data of the source app will not be migrated to the new app. In order to migrate existing records, you need to export the data to a CSV file, and import that file to the new app.
- In a guest space, only apps that are within the same guest space can be duplicated. If you want to copy an app that is not in a guest space when you are in the guest space, or if you want to copy an app that is in a guest space when you are not in the guest space, make a template of the source app, and create an app from that template. For details on app templates, refer to What Is an App Template?.
- Some data cannot be imported/exported using CSV files. Also, there are some settings that are not included in app templates. For details, refer to "List of Data Types That Can Be Imported or Exported" and "Settings That Are Not Included in App Templates".