Displaying Multiple Fields in the Title Field
If you want to display multiple fields in the Title Field, you can use the "&" operator in the Text field to concatenate strings.
You can also use the DATE_FORMAT function to concatenate values of the Date field or the Time field with a string.
For example, you can concatenate customer name and the value of the Date field, and use that for the Title Field.
* You cannot select multiple fields to be used for the Title Field, in the Title Field settings.
Set a field code of the field to display in the Title Field
- Click the app setting button on the upper right of the record view, to open the form setting screen.
- Open the setting screen of the field that you want to display in the Title Field.
- Check the field code string, edit that code as needed, and save the edited code.
For details on how to set a field code, see the "What Is Field Code?" page.
Set the Text field
- Click the Text field in the field list on the left and drag and drop it into the frame on the right side of the screen.
- Open the setting screen of the Text field, select "Calculate automatically", and then specify a formula.
Example1: When concatenating project name and contact name (concatenating strings)
Formula: project name&"-"&contact name
Example2: When concatenating project date and customer name (concatenating a date and a string)
Formula: DATE_FORMAT(project_date,"YYYY-MM-dd","Etc/GMT")&" "&customer_name
- Fill in other information as needed, and then click Save.
- Click "Save Form" on the upper left side of the screen.
Set the Title Field
- Select "App Settings" tab, and click "Title Field".
- Click Set manually.
- Select the "Text" field that you set in step 2, and click Save. For details on how to set the Title Field, see the "Setting the Record Title" page.
- Click Update App on the upper right side of the screen, and click OK.
This Title Field will be displayed as a header for notifications or search results.