Deleting SFA Pack
SFA Pack consists of 3 apps, Customer Management, Project Management, and Activity Tracker apps that are integrated through Lookup fields and Related Records.
You can delete these apps at one time by using the "bulk deletion feature".
In order to use the "bulk deletion feature", you need to have administrative permission on all three apps that are included in the SFA Pack.
Deleting the SFA Pack Using the "Bulk Deletion Feature"
Described below are the steps to delete three apps, that are included in the SFA Pack, by using the "bulk deletion feature".
Open one of the apps that are included in the SFA Pack.
Click the app setting button on the upper right of the record view, select "Settings" tab > "Deletion", and then select Delete This App. Opening App Settings Page
Click Delete This App on the confirmation screen.
If the confirmation screen opens again, click Delete App.
The "An app(s) that refers to this app was found." page opens, displaying the other two apps (direct reference) that are included in the SFA Pack. If there is any app that refers to those two apps (indirect reference), that app is also displayed.
Confirm that deleting all the displayed app does not cause any problem, and then click Delete Multiple (XX) Apps Using Bulk Deletion Feature.
Click Delete Apps on the confirmation screen.
Apps are deleted in bulk.
Deleting Only a Specific App
If there is any app that directly refers to the app to be deleted, you cannot delete that app independently.
To independently delete an app that is included in the SFA Pack, you need to remove its reference relationship with other apps.
Other apps and fields that have reference relationship with the app to be deleted are automatically detected at the time of the deletion of the app. Described below are the steps to move to the app settings screen from the detection results screen, and to remove reference relationship.
- If the "An app(s) that refers to this app was found." screen is displayed when trying to delete an app, click Remove References Manually.
The "Remove References Manually" screen is displayed, and apps and fields that directly refer the app to be deleted are shown.
- Move to the app settings screen by clicking the link in the "Remove References Manually" screen.
- Update the app by deleting the lookup fields or the related records fields that are shown in the "Remove References Manually" screen.
Example: In this example, the project name (Lookup field) and the project details (Related Records field) which are shown in step 2, will be deleted.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to remove all references.
- Reopen the app settings screen for the app to be deleted, and click Delete This App under Delete App to try to delete the app again.
If You Get an Error When Trying to Delete an App
If an error appears when you click Delete Apps, you may not have administrative permission on one of the apps that are included in the SFA Pack, or on another app that refers to those apps.
Failed to delete the app. The field in the app has been referred from the Lookup field "XXXX" in the app "XXXX". Change or delete the Lookup field settings.
In such case, try one of the following.
- Ask the administrator of the app, which is displayed in the error message, to delete the lookup field or the related records.
- Ask the administrator, who have administrative permission on both the app to be deleted and the app which is displayed in the error message, to delete the app.