You can place a Text Area field and use that field to enter multi-line text.
This field does not accept decorative text.
If you want to use decorative text, consider using a Rich text field.
You can enlarge the Text Area field horizontally and/or vertically by dragging the lower right corner of the field using the mouse.
You can enter a long text using line-breaks in the Text Area field. This is useful when you need to enter substantial amount of information.
Setting Options for Text Area Fields
- Field Name
- Specifies the header of the entry item.
- Hide field name
- Hides the field names on the screens to add, edit, enter details of, and print records.
- Required field
- Select the check box to make the entry field required.
- Default Value
- Set the text that you want to display when entering data. You can also use it as a template when entering data.
- Field Code
- The text string to specify this field (in an API).