What Is a Field Code?
Field Code is a text string that is used to identify a field. It is used in automatic calculation and APIs.
Although the field code is automatically set for each field, you can change it to any value within 128 characters. However, you cannot specify a value that overlaps with that in other fields. Also, the following are the restrictions on which characters you can use.
- The only half-width symbol you can use is '_' (underscore).
- The full-width symbols you can use are the following:
- Currency symbols ($, ￥, and so on)
- ・ (centered dot)
- ＿ (underscore)
- The field code cannot start with a number. If the field code begins with a number, a '_' (underscore) symbol is automatically prefixed to the field code.
- The following strings cannot be used for field codes:
- Record number
- Created by
- Updated by
- Updated datetime
- Created datetime
To check or set field codes:
- Open the app settings page.
Opening App Settings Page
- Click the "Form" tab.
- Hover the cursor over for the field you want to set the field code of, and click "Settings".
- Check the string of the "Field Code".
To change the field code, click , enter a new field code, and click "Save".