Deleting Apps from the App Management Screen
System administrators can use the app management screen to delete apps that they have management permissions.
When deleting an app, apps that have reference relationship with the app to be deleted are automatically checked. If such apps are detected, you can delete them in bulk by using "bulk deletion feature".
To Delete Apps
Open the app management screen.
Accessing the App Management Screen
Click the Trash button for the app you want to delete.
The "Delete This App" dialog box appears for confirmation. Click Delete This App.
If the confirmation screen opens again, click Delete App. Apps that have reference relationship with the app to be deleted are automatically checked.
If there is no app that is in reference relationship:
Deletion is performed. No further action is needed.
If there is any app that is in reference relationship:
"An app(s) that refers to this app was found." page is displayed. Proceed to the next step.
Check whether apps displayed in the "An app(s) that refers to this app was found." screen can be deleted in bulk without causing any problem.
Click Delete Multiple (XX) Apps Using Bulk Deletion Feature when it is possible to delete all the apps displayed in the screen at one time.
Click Delete Apps on the confirmation screen.
Apps are deleted in bulk.
Removing Reference Relationship with Other App and Deleting an App Independently
If there is any app that directly refers to the app to be deleted, you cannot delete that app independently.
To delete an app independently, you need to remove its reference relationship with other apps.
Other apps and fields that have reference relationship with the app to be deleted are automatically detected at the time of the deletion of the app. Described below are the steps to move to the app settings screen from the detection results screen, and to remove reference relationship.
- If the "An app(s) that refers to this app was found." screen is displayed when trying to delete an app, click Remove References Manually.
The "Remove References Manually" screen is displayed, and apps and fields that have direct reference relationship with the app to be deleted are shown.
- Move to the app settings screen by clicking the link in the "Remove References Manually" screen.
- Update the app by deleting the lookup fields or the related records fields that are shown in the "Remove References Manually" screen.
Example: In this example, the project name (Lookup field) and the project details (Related Records field) of the Activity Tracker App (SFA Pack), which is shown in step 2, will be deleted.
- If there are multiple related apps, repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Reopen the app settings screen for the app to be deleted, and click Delete This App under Delete App to try to delete the app again.
If Errors Appear When You Try to Delete Apps
If an error message appears when clicking Delete App, it means that the app is referenced from a lookup field or a related records field of other app for which you have no administrative privilege.
Failed to delete the app. The field in the app has been referred from the Lookup field "XXXX" in the app "XXXX". Change or delete the Lookup field settings.
In such case, try one of the following.
- Ask the administrator of the app, which is displayed in the error message, to delete the lookup field or the related records.
- Ask the administrator, who have administrative privilege on both the app to be deleted and the app which is displayed in the error message, to delete the app.